We are looking for our Chief Actuary to leads our innovation in home/building insurance.
In a few months Luko has positionned itself as the biggest and fastest growing B2C NeoInsurance in Europe. Our mission : assemble the best team and build unique technology to prevent and handle accident. While partnering with the world 2 largest Re-Insurers, we’ve achieved to grow super fast (50% every month) while maintening really healthy Loss Ratio and general unit economics. We don’t believe reinventing insurance is about fancy bots and flashy marketing, it is rather reinventing from scratch every part of the value chain : prevention, distribution, pricing (like using computer vision to analyse satelite image), claims, reserving… and realigning interests to bring trust.
The role is absolutely critical for our future growth and European expansion. We are looking for a person with superb industry knowledge, very deep actuarial expertise on home line, analytical skills to lead this area. This is not a classic actuary job. You will to re-invent yourself and your industry, work in a hungry team if not foolish.
Leadership & responsibilities
- Design, build and maintain our pricing models from scratch using the best AI technologies
- Identify unique data set, pricing strategy or product design
- Lead, build and develop your own actuary and insurance product team
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of our actury team members. Help them develop in their roles by leveraging their skill levels, personalities, work styles, and professional goals.
- Work directly with founder in making key markets, products, distribution, roadmap and investment-related decisions
- Deal with our Re-Insurance Partners
- Come from an insurer with experience with online distribution
- Have a profound expertise in P&C insurance (5-15 year), distribution and acquisition. Min 2 years of MRH experience
- Proven track record at launching new products, driving innovation to your company
- Network to attract other talent from the industry with you
- Willing to think differently, have a positive impact
- Super hands ON, willing to work directly with the product team, engineer and geeks.
- Data science skills is a strong plus
- Data Driven, no bullshit and relentless doer. Used working in Python.